Salute! A fun family game!
1. Start small with 3 players.
2. Have some numbered cards ready.
3. Player A will distribute Player B and C with their cards. Take note that they are not allowed to see the numbers on their cards. Place their cards on their foreheads.
4. Player A is required to multiply the two numbers together and say it out.
5. Player B will then look at the numbered card on Player C's forehead and guess the number on his / her forehead.
Once you get the hang of it, invite more players. Explore addition too!
We all know how important Math is in our daily lives. However, this module gave me 1001 reasons to see why it is more important to go about the concept and finding out strategies in solving problems. It is important for us, the early childhood educators, to make the children see the patterns in problems and how they can go about solving them. If we provide them with numeracy experience, it will not benefit them as much as us providing more literal methods. It is imperative for us to adopt the Spiral approach, where every year the children get to learn a new layer than what they have learnt before.
Afterall, "Math is an excellent vehicle for the development and improvement of a person's intelligence."